The Percepto team is constantly pushing the boundaries
of what’s possible with hardware, software and AI.
Drone field service technician (US)
About The Position
Percepto is the leading provider of autonomous inspection and monitoring solutions, harnessing robotics, including our very own market-leading industrial drone-in-a-box solution. Our team is made up of software and hardware engineers, industry experts and professionals who are all passionate about innovation and driven to push the boundaries of what’s possible with software, AI, and hardware. We are a fast growing company with offices in Israel, the U.S. and Australia, with Fortune 500 clients around the world. Our company growth is not stopping any time soon, and we are looking for great talent like you to join our team!
We are looking for a star Drone Operator to join the team. The job offers a substantial opportunity to advance to a customer facing, project management and nation wide operations role in a relatively short period of time.
Why join Percepto? We care about the people we work with; we want our team members to grow and develop professionally, to find their job rewarding and intellectually stimulating, and of course - to have fun and feel that they are part of the Percepto family.
- Participate in in-field testing of Percepto’s next-era autonomous robotic systems
- Ensure flight testing equipment readiness, operations and safety
- Set field testing goals with Percepto teams
- Troubleshooting, testing, repairing, and maintaining delicate equipment
- Managing on-site hardware installations
- Test product capabilities and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure compliance with local aviation regulations
- Following company procedures and protocols
- Produce documentation reports
- Licensed FAA Part 107 drone operator – Must
- Driving licence- Must
- At least 1-2 years of proven technical record operating drones – Must
- High level of hardware related technical skills- assembly, repair etc.
- Capable of leading technical demonstrations and hardware testing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Willing to travel for long periods of time (1-2 months at a time), driving long distances
- Ability to work on some non-routine hours, and willingness to work overtime
- Ability to self-learn in a highly dynamic and ambitious work environment
- Successfully work both independently and as part of a team
- Great customer facing skills
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, presentation
- Availability and ability to work in other States up to 50-60% of the time
- Self-motivated, self-starter, energetic, assertive
- Spanish speaker - an advantage